Sunday, January 16, 2011

Headed down the straight stretch...

So the retrieval was Friday. The doctor was able to retrieve 7 total eggs, of those 5 were mature, of those 4 were successfully fertilized. This whole process had me a bit worried. We had to be at the office an hour early (8:00 in the AM!) and I was hooked up to an IV right away. The lady who gave me drugs was really nice and did a good job putting me at ease, it helped that she slipped something into the IV line. :) As this was my first time being "put under" I wasn't sure what to expect. I made sure to tell them that I DID NOT want to get sick afterwards so she was nice enough to prevent that. Once I laid down on the table and had the oxygen mask on I was ready for whatever. That was my last memory till they woke me up. They gave me some pain meds and sent me home. My mom got to our house about the same time we did and she has taken care of me while I recuperated. I love my mom!!!

Tomorrow is the big day! I have been struggling not to feel disappointed in the number of eggs because the more eggs you have the more chances you have. I think it's a trust issue. I have been so wanting a family and every time something falls through my trust has taken a hit. I know in my head that God is faithful and trustworthy but my heart has taken a beating in recent years. Be clear on this issue, the problem is with me and I know this. God has been gently prying my fingers off this dream of mine and I'm making progress. Stuff like this just brings it back a little bit. I have to leave this in his hands and I am, whatever happens. :)

So all that to say, keep praying for us and we'll keep you posted. Love to you all...

4 comments:

  1. We are praying for you and Todd and have faith that god will answer this prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's to the best life and God can give you! I am hoping for big miracles! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exciting! I'll be praying that lil Toddly or Nikki Lynn will settle in tommorow for 9 months of growing. Boy will this baby be loved. We have waited a long time for this little one.

    ReplyDelete