Sunday, November 7, 2010

A miracle!

There has been a miracle in our house! No joke Todd is the only man in history that gets better with age. His sperm count has gone UP!! When we originally had a semen analysis done in '98 he had one viable sperm. The poor little guy was lonely. Well as of this month he has 600,000. If that's not a miracle I don't know what is. :)

Todd recently got up in front of our whole church and shared a little of his history. He spoke of getting shot and what the doctors spoke over him. See my last blog post if you don't know what I'm talking about. He laid it all out there for everyone to see, so to speak. He asked for prayer for us as we begin our IVF journey. I was amazed by the response we got. We belong to a great tribe of people let me tell you. Such support!! I will need it in the coming months I'm sure. One thing I want to clarify, the last time we went to the fertility clinic, Todd had an extensive exam. They were looking for reasons why his sperm count would be so low. They couldn't find any. There were no blockages or missing pieces. Everything looked healthy and in working order. I firmly believe that the reason is spiritual. Something happens when we speak negative (or positive) things over other people or even ourselves. It is a scientific fact that positive self talk has a physical response in ourselves and others. So why wouldn't negative talk. I believe that something in the spirit realm is released by our words. I'm going to leave it at that because I really don't want to preach or even start a debate about this. We have started speaking increase over Todd's sperm and it worked!

So that was an encouraging start to our journey. We will be beginning the process in December which means that we will be implanting in January. It's a little (or a lot) scary to think about all that I have to go through in this. I would really like your prayers for the next few months. The hardest part of all of this is, where is the money coming from?! This procedure is not cheap and not one part of it is covered by insurance. So to speak plainly, we have to come up with about $12,000.00 by January. It's November. God help us!! For me this is where faith comes in. I'm so scared that Todd will freak out about the money and want to quit half way through. He hasn't even hinted that he will be that way but, it's a weak point for me. He keeps telling me how excited he is that we are actually going through with it this time and yet I doubt. I don't think this has anything to do with Todd but it's a weak point of mine that Satan is poking at.

Well that is all I have for now, I will post another in a couple days as I have had a doctors appointment to share about. Love to you all...

No comments:

Post a Comment