Well it has been a few months since my last post and Todd thought I should let you all know the conclusion of the IVF treatment. In my last post I told you that I still needed to go to a follow up appointment with the Dr. where he would let us know what went wrong, beyond the obvious. I dreaded the appointment. I really didn't want to know what went wrong, after all ignorance is bliss.
So what we were told is this: my body did not respond to the medication like they wanted. They had started our treatments with a really aggressive approach hoping that it would work the first time because of our age and how long we have been trying. Unfortunately they couldn't increase the doses to do another round, they had gone as high as they could. The dr. also believes that I may be well within an 8 year window before starting menopause. This greatly effects egg production and health. I don't know if I believe this or not. I'm not entirely convinced that my ovaries have been working properly for several years. There is no way to know for sure either way. He did give us a few options to discuss and pray about:
Option #1: Adoption (conventional private or state (foster system))
Option #2: Embryo Adoption
Option #3: IVF with Egg Donor & Todd's little guys
Option #4: IUI with Egg Donor & Little Guy Donor (inter-uterine Insemination)
Option #5: Nothing at all.
We've thought, talked, and prayed about this for the last couple of months and we still don't know what to do. We don't have the money for options 1, 3, or 4. Option #2 is considerably less but Todd's not really sure about that and option #5 is so not what we want to do, given the choice. I really don't know what to do at this point so until we can agree on a course of action we will wait. Please keep praying for us because all of this is really hard to deal with and we could use the help. Love to you all....